Abbey of Cinqfontaines


Abbey of Cinqfontaines

The small village of Cinqfontaines near Troisvierges is home to a former monastery built at the beginning of the 20th century.

The Abbey of Cinqfontaines was turned into a detention centre for Jews during World War II from 1941. The occupying forces expelled the religious community and the abbey became the last stop for Jews before they were deported to the eastern concentration camps. In 1944, the American military converted the monastery into a field hospital. In 1969, a memorial monument was unveiled. In 1973, it became a place of reflection and quiet contemplation.

General information


34, Stackemer Pad | L-9744 Wincrange
T : + 352 26 10 37 77
E :

Useful information

Opening hours

No information available