© Parc naturel des deux Ourthes

Lemaire Mill

In the late 18th and 19th centuries, Houffalize was an important tanning and milling centre. The remains of the Lemaire mill and tannery can still be seen along the Ourthe, in Rue du Moulin Lemaire. The mill dates back to the 18th century, while the Lemaire tannery was founded around 1830 and "made strong leather", which was used to make soles, while another neighbouring tannery "made uppers and corroirs".

Opening hours


Address: Lemaire Mill
Rue du Moulin Lemaire
B-6660 Houffalize
Show on map

More sites

© Parc naturel des deux Ourthes
Ollomont... a "pearl among the villages of the region". It's hard to argue with that statement! Its location itself is exceptional. Clinging to the steep slope overlooking the Ourthe valley, the heart of Ollomont has been beating for over 1,000 years, and the whitewashed rubble choir overlooking the village is nothing other than the remains of an 11th century Romanesque church, a date attested by a vase dated "one thousand and fifteen" and found on the spot.
Find out more
© Parc naturel des deux Ourthes
The Bernistap canal
Present since 1827, the canal has never carried a boat, and is now a bucolic and natural place...
Find out more