Where? 3, Place de la Libération, L-9255 Diekirch
The "Deiwelselter" (Devil's Altar) near Diekirch is built on a dolmen which, according to studies, is about 4000 years old. Originally, the remarkable stone gate probably did not look like it does today. Since the remains of two human skeletons from different eras have been found here, it is assumed that it was a tomb. The "Deiwelselter", as it stands there today, was rebuilt in 1892 from large blocks of stone that lay on this spot and has been a symbol of the town of Diekirch since then.