Where? 5, Rue du Curé, L-9217 Diekirch
The Laurentius Church in Diekirch was planned by Pierre Biwer and completed in 1868. It was declared a national monument in 2017.
The old St. Lawrence church in Diekirch was built on a Roman cult site in the Middle Ages.
The interior of the church is decorated with fine frescoes from the 16th and 17th centuries. The remains of a cemetery, probably dating back to the Merovingian period, were discovered in 1960 under the church.